When planning a refurbishment or new build school project, the choice of the acoustics solution should be a critical part of the design…
IMPROVING THE ACOUSTICS CAN LEAD TO:
- Reduced noise levels in the classroom
- Lower stress levels and enhanced by physical comfort
- Greater understanding of speech by pupils
- Improvements in retention of information
- Reduced voice problems for classroom teachers
All refurbishment and new build classrooms should comply with the acoustic performance standards for schools, known as BB93.
Compliance with standards must be seen as the absolute minimum to ensure that a classroom is acoustically fit for purpose.
Ecophon Gedina™ systems perform in most classrooms to comply with the current acoustic standards for schools.
It has an exposed grid system with each tile individually demountable for easy access to above soffit.
It is made for classrooms which require an easy install, suspended ceiling and meet standard functional demands.