Knauf Insulation Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab
Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab is a BBA certified Rock Mineral Wool slab designed for use as sheathing insulation in rainscreen façade systems both below and above 18m in height. It is non-combustible with a Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification, and is manufactured using Knauf Insulation’s bio-based binder, ECOSE® Technology.
Features & Benefits
- BBA Certified (certificate 19/5609) for use in multiple build-ups so it can be specified with confidence.
- BBA Accredited 3D U-value calculation service.
- Manufactured using Knauf Insulation’s unique bio-based binder, ECOSE®Technology, which contains no added formaldehyde or phenol
- Made with a water-repellent additive – slabs will maintain their integrity while exposed on site.
- Large range of thicknesses.
The Rainscreen Throughwall System
A rainscreen system contains a number of products such as
- Double layer of plasterboard
- OmniFit® Slab 35 between steel studs
- Rainscreen brackets fixed back to structural frame
- Vertical fixing rails
- Knauf Windliner
- Vapour control layer
- Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab
- Thermal break pads
- Rainscreen façade