Speedline Fire & Acoustic Sealant
The Speedline Fire & Acoustic Sealant is a four hour rated, one part emulsion acrylic based, intumescent sealant which provides a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures.
Speedline Fire & Acoustic Sealant, in suitably designed joints, will resist the passage of fire for up to four hours. The selected fillers used in this formation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
Standards Applied: Tested following the principles of BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 181967 (may 2009) Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3.
Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1.
Features & Benefits
- When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x its original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 4 hours
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Permanently flexible with more than 100% elongation to ISO8339
- For use in joints up to 50mm wide
- Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening – Average noise reduction of 35.9db (100-3150Hz)
- Non slump – easy to apply and tool off
- Fast cure – tack free in 15 minutes
- Certified under the harmonized European standard EN15651 for façade for interior and exterior applications class F7.5P in compliance with the Construction Product Regulation